Popular amongst rotary owners Redlines MT-90 is a GL-4 Gear oil suited for your transmission/gearbox. Being GL-4 its ideal if your worried about the risk of some GL-5 oils prematurely/rapidly wearing or damaging your synchro’s (please note that Idemitsu Racing MTF 75w90 is a GL-5 that will not prematurely/rapidly damage wear your synchro’s)Something that cannot be said for all GL-5 Gear Oils when put in some transmissions like those found in the RX-8
This Gear Oil is suitable and popular for most RX-8 and RX-7 Transmissions.
MT-90 75W90 GL-4 GEAR OIL
- 75W90 GL-4 gear oil (similar to SAE 5W40/10W40 engine oil viscosity)
- Popular in Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, VW/Audi, Lotus Elise/Exige, Toyota, Mendeola transmissions and Atlas transfer cases for Off Road
- Offers quicker shifts, perfect synchroniser coefficient of friction
- Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage
- High performance gear protection and longer synchro life
- Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold
- Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W90, 80W90, 90 and engine oil viscosities of SAE 40, 10W40 and 15W40
- Recommended for GL-1, GL-3 and GL-4 applications, as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified
RED LINE MT-90 HIGH-PERFORMANCE GEAR OIL is a fully-synthetic ester-based lubricant designed for use in manual transmissions and front-wheel-drive transaxles. This shear-stable formula resists breakdown for extended periods and offers more consistent viscosity in warm and cold temperatures for less gear noise and improved shifting. This fluid is less slippery for improved synchroniser coefficient of friction and offers stronger film strength for better wear protection.
- Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronisers (other’s synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
- Red Line offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
- MT-LV, MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
- Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
- Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
- Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
Each bottle contains 1 US Quart, this is roughly 946ml.
Please note that you will require the following amounts for each kind of transmission.
- RX-8 R3 series 2, 6 speed Manual – 2 Bottles
- RX-8 series 1, 5 Speed Manual – 3 Bottles
- RX-8 series 1, 6 Speed Manual – 2 Bottles
- RX-7 FD3s 5 Speed Manual – 3 Bottles
- RX-7 FC3s 5 Speed Manual – 3 Bottles
- RX-7 FB 5 Speed Manual – 3 Bottles