These O’Ring can be problematic and cause oil leaks that are hard to pinpoint due to their location below the oil filter. These O-Rings are found on most Mazda Rotary engines up until they changed to an actual gasket on the RX-8
You will only need 1 set (2 O-Rings) for all RX-7’s unless you have a 12a from a series 3 RX-7 FB these have what is known as the beehive oil cooler and will require 2 sets of these for this application.
It is recommended to replace these if your removing the oil filter housing/stand in there is any question of their condition or age, if they have been in there any period of time they are usually flattened and will struggle to reseal.
These will fit the following engines
- 1969-1978 All Rotary Engines Pre RX-7
- 1979-1980 RX-7 SA22c Series 1 with 12A engine
- 1981-1983 RX-7 FB Series 2 with 12A engine
- 1984-1985 RX-7 FB Series 3 with 12A engine (2 sets required)
- 1986-1988 RX-7 FC3s Series 4 with 13b engine
- 1989-1991 RX-7 FC3s Series 5 with 13b engine
- 1991-1995 RX-7 FD3s Series 6 with 13b REW
- 1996-1998 RX-7 FD3s Series 7 with 13b REW
- 1999-2002 RX-7 FD3s Series 8 with 13b REW
We recommend a little petrolium jelly or blue Hylomar is used on these seals to keep them in place during installation.