Made to order right here at Essex Rotary using all MSD Components.
These leads are made in house to fit your Series 4 RX-7 FC3s when running the stock twin coil setup and Distributor.
This is a 6 Lead set comprising of the following
- 2 Primary Leads (coil to Distributor) 1 Leading and 1 Trailing
- 4 Secondary Leads (Distributor to Spark Plugs) 2 Leading and 2 Trailing
All Leads are made to the correct lengths and have been trialled on our own vehicles prior to release.
The MSD 8.5 mm Super Conductor wire is the performance wire engineered from the inside out, the 8.5mm offers everything you have ever wanted in a wire; incredibly low resistance without electronic interference! In a single 12 In. length of Super Conductor wire there is only 40 to 50 ohms of resistance! That is the lowest resistance of any helically wound wire. To accomplish this, MSD use a copper alloy conductor due to it’s great voltage carrying capabilities. The low resistance results in less loss of spark energy so more reaches the spark plug. The conductor is wound extremely tight around a special center core. So tight, that there is over 40 Ft. of conductor wrapped into a single foot of plug wire. This winding procedure, combined with a ferro-magnetic impregnated center core, produces an extremely effective electro magnetic interference (EMI) choke.
- Copper alloy conductor has a resistance value of less than 50 ohms per foot for superior spark
- Ferro-magnetic impregnated core creates an effective EMI choke
- Forty feet of conductor is wound into a single foot of wire for high EMI suppression
- Conductor core features Dupont Kevlar material for increased tensile strength
- Durable outer sleeve is a proprietary compound for resistance to high heat or abrasion
- Stainless steel terminals feature dual crimp tabs to grip wire conductor and outer jacket separately
These MSD HT Leads are made to order right here at Essex Rotary HQ, from genuine MSD components. Available in Red or Black cable options (select your preferred color fron the drop down menu before hitting the “add to cart” button).
MSD Leads can also help prevent moisture ingress at the spark plug tip that will lead to corrosion of the spark plug tips causing poor ignition and bad engine running characteristics, It can also increase the risk of flooding and damaging your catalytic converter.
Please see the image in the gallery for atypical example of the issues we encounter due to original or poor quality (pattern parts) Ht leads being installed instead of high quality HT Leads.
Custom lengths and configurations available upon request.