IDEMITSU Racing Oil formulations have been specifically engineered to meet the unique requirements of a ROTARY ENGINE.
The technology base for these formulations goes back to the first and only 24 Hour Le Mans race winner using a rotary engine for which IDEMITSU developed the winning oil.
Idemistu Racing 20w50 is popular with customers who’s cars meed some of the below conditions
- Older Rotary Engines such as RX-7 FB
- High mileage Rotary engines that may have worn internal parts such as bearings
- Cars used primarily in hot climates
These are a few conditions but there are more, 20w50 may also help with engines that are suspected of excessive internal bearing wear, ad the thicker 20w50 viscosity oil can help to take some of the slack left to excessive bearing to shaft clearances.
PLEASE NOTE :- That in these conditions 20w50 is not a fix for your engine however it may help prevent further damage until you can get the engine repaired professionally.
A Full Synthetic Oil SAFE for your Rotary Engine
Do you feel that you aren’t getting the power you should be from your rotary engine? Are you experiencing bearing wear under severe (or possibly under not-so-severe) operating conditions? If so, you may be using the wrong engine oil. Idemitsu 20W-50 can reduce or even eliminate some of the problems you may be having. As the developer of the engine oil for the winning 1991 LeMans Mazda 787B and a long time supplier of vital lubricants to Mazda, Idemitsu has intimate knowledge of the requirements of rotary engines.
Idemitsu Racing Full Synthetic Engine Oil Advantages
- With the precise base oil mix of PolyAlphaOlephins and PolyEsters, Idemitsu Rotary Engine Oils are able to minimize those deposits on your apex seals.
- Allows for better sealing of the chamber, facilitating more power generation.
- Extends the life of turbochargers by reducing bearing coking.
- Specially developed additives facilitate even tooth load on the front stationary gear to allow for higher loads and higher RPM.
- Premium anti-wear agents create a strong film between the main bearings and the eccentric shaft, reducing metal-to-metal contact and minimizing bearing wear.
- Developed to reduce entrained gas generation. Entrained gases reduce the oils ability to prevent metal-on-metal contact, thereby increasing main bearing wear.
- Includes Molybdenum as a friction modifier. This compound reacts with the metal surfaces to create a low-shear boundary. The low shear characteristic reduces friction, increasing efficiency and power output.