AEM’s High-Output IGBT “Smart” Inductive Coils each deliver up to 103mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 40,000 Volts—as much as most CDI systems but without the need for a CDI module! These coils provide very long spark duration at full energy, unlike CDI systems and multiple spark systems which fire off small spark events prior to and after its CDI burst to mimic longer spark duration. The full energy delivery and long duration of AEM’s High-Output IGBT “Smart” Inductive Coils eliminate the need to compromise energy or duration with your ignition system, and will increase performance in high-boost or high compression engines.
AEM’s High-Output IGBT “Smart” Inductive Coils deliver CDI-like spark energy with the long duration of an inductive coil. They install easily in place of your exiting coils and do not require a CDI module. AEM’s High-Output IGBT “Smart” Inductive Coils have a shock and weatherproof design that allows them to be mounted virtually anywhere. And at a cost less than what you would pay for aftermarket LS1 coils—they deliver World-Class performance at a bargain. AEM’s High-Output Coils are used on 2,000-horsepower nitrous motors without a CDI, and they perform flawlessly.
- Output (no load): 40kV minimum
- Output (50pF load): 40kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: 103 mJ +/- 7%
- Peak Secondary Current: 102 mA +/- 10%
- Arc Duration: 2.9mS +/- 10%
- Turns Ratio 71:1
- Maximum Current: 19 Amps
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 17 Volts
- Base Dwell: 3.0 mS
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9 mS but don’t exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 80% duty cycle, 5 seconds maximum
- Mating Connector: Packard/Delphi 12162825 “Pull to Seat”
- Mating Contacts: Packard/Delphi 12124075 “Pull to Seat”
- High Tension Wire Terminal: HEI “spark plug top” Style